Call for Design Interns
If you have fire in the belly and would like to be part of the Cayenne team this summer, check out the info below and give us a shout. We can’t wait to meet you!
What you need to know:
• Internships typically run 8-10 weeks.
• Internships are full-time (40 hours/week) paid positions.
• You’ll be working on real projects with real clients.
• Internships are intended for undergraduate students or recent grads who hold less than eight months experience.
• You will see assignments through to completion while handling additional agency duties.
Design Interns will:
• Collaborate with the entire Cayenne team to bring concepts to life.
• Learn how to see a project through the concepting phase to creation and final production.
• Work on a diverse group of projects from branding, integrated campaigns, traditional print and event design, packaging, interactive and social media content design.
• Be expected to take ownership of projects and execute at a high level of design.
Design Interns must have:
• A solid handle on composition and typography, and a love for design.
• A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.) Photographic, illustration and/or web design skills are a huge plus, but not mandatory.
• Time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Adaptability (and thick skin) when incorporating feedback from senior creatives and clients.
• Strong attention to detail.
• A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
How to apply for an internship:
• Email [email protected] by April 9, 2021. If we think you’d be a good fit, we’ll reach out for an interview.
• Please include a link to your personal website or attach a PDF portfolio.
• Briefly tell us about yourself in your email and why you belong at Cayenne.
• We’re flexible, but if you have strict start/end dates, please let us know.
Think you’d be a perfect pepper?
Email us your resume and portfolio.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I get credit?
A: We will be happy to work with your institution if they have a credit-based internship program.
Q: When will the selection process happen?
A: Resumes and portfolio links will be accepted through April 9, 2021. Offers will be sent out in early May. Internships will run May through August, based on our mutual schedules.
Q: What’s the interview process?
A: You’ll meet with our creative team and walk us through your portfolio and creative process. It’s a huge plus if you can bring physical samples of your work.
Q: What if I want to apply for the design position and I don’t have an online portfolio?
A: If you want to email some digital images of your work, please do so. If not, that’s OK, too. The more we see of what you have to offer, the better; but we will be conducting interviews and we will ask if you can bring a portfolio if/when you interview with us.
Q: Who do I get in touch with for more information?
A: Hopefully most of your questions will be answered with this post. If you have a specific question that is not covered, you may email us at [email protected].
Q: Anything else I should know?
A: We are a dog-friendly office.