Now Hiring: Digital Project Manager
We’re looking for a Digital Project Manager (DPM) to manage the entire development delivery experience. The DPM works in concert with all digital project contributors: internal staff, clients, and outsourced specialists. This person owns the process outlined in the development roadmap and is responsible for holding all parties accountable for project scopes and deadlines.
Our culture is driven by those who fear mediocrity more than failure. Our people push themselves to learn more, perform better, and to crush “can’t” with “can.” We refer to this drive as FIRE IN THE BELLY.
Cayenne’s ideal candidate will:
- Have Fire in the belly.
- Cultivate team leadership between internal teams, developers, clients, and other project stakeholders.
- Know when to make practical redirects in a process or plan and understand the consequences of that redirection.
- Understand what required tasks and the the reason why they are important to the project and related deadlines.
- Have the ability to pivot and problem solve.
- Be able to provide clear and concise verbal and written feedback.
- Have a strong command of technical jargon.
- Assess the quality of work and progress of all aspects of a digital project.
- Be assertive, yet tactful.
- Be client-centric. This person works on behalf of the client to ensure their project is being delivered on-time and on budget.
- Continuously refine and develop their active listening skills, communication techniques, and management/leadership abilities.
- Explain technical solutions to non-technical people.
- Have proven organizational and time management skills.
The Digital Project Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Leading the team through the Cayenne development roadmap.
- Maintaining the Cayenne web development tool kit and ensuring a single source of truth on Cayenne best practices.
- Managing project scope and identifying scope change for internal and external teams.
- Holding all members of the team, regardless of title or seniority, accountable to the scope and schedule.
- Collaborating with Cayenne’s development lead on project scope and estimates.
- Collecting information, creating and maintaining the comprehensive project plan.
- Maintaining the process without creating an over-processed environment.
- Providing accurate status updates to account managers.
- Managing outsourced specialists, as needed.
- Experience with issue tracking tools such as JIRA, Asana, Pivotal Tracker, and other project management platforms.
- Comfortable breaking down epic requests into atomic, task-based stories.
- Ability to write up top level site requirements and translate client requests into development tasks.
- Experience working in concert with web developers and managing development estimations.
- Familiarity with Agile development practices, specifically sprint driven development cycles and ongoing prioritization of features.
- Strong office skills: MS Office or Google Apps, MS Project or other project planning tools.
- Familiarity with CMS based web development processes and willingness to contribute to content entry and association tasks.
The additional skills below are a plus:
- PMP certification a plus
- SEO/Accessibility Concepts
Since we’re about great work, show us what you’ve done. Since we’re about results, tell us how it performed. Since we’re about teamwork and collaboration, talk to us about why you’d be a good fit.
Is it like we’ve been holding up a mirror? Send your resume + tell us a little about yourself in an email to [email protected].
Cayenne is an equal opportunity workplace, and we value diversity. We celebrate and support differences. All employment is decided on the basis of individual qualifications, merit and business needs.